October 06, 2015

Bed linen makeover

I bought a beautiful bed linen. While in the shop, I ignored the size and when I got home, I realized that it was too small for my bed.
I had to do something. And so I bought some fabric and decided to make it larger.
I cut the edges of the duvet cover and added 20 cm per part.
Here is the result

Then, I added other 20 cms to every part of the bed sheet
In order to make the pillow cases match the bed sheet and the duvet cover, I cut into the middle of the pillow cases and added some purple fabric, too.

One could say that I learned from my mistakes. If I ever buy another set of bedding without paying attention to the measurements, I'll know that I have another DIY project coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment